Saturday, March 7, 2009

Work, work, and more work

Yesterday I went into work for some overtime because we were trying to get this huge stainless steel silencer shipped out.  We ended up doing it and the customer was extremely happy.

After work I went to my friend Cory's house and started working on my rear shoes.  I got the project mu pads installed pretty quickly despite the fact I hate working on drum brakes (in this case for the handbrake of the Z).

I adjusted the tension on the handbrake and took it for a drive.  The pads took a second to get seated, but once they did it was amazing.  They lock so good even in a straight line at 55mph.

So I got back and wanted to give the handbrake a final snug and *SNAP* the fucking stud broke and no more handbrake.   Wah, wah wahhhhhhh....

Lucky for me, Cory had the welder from work so I took the center console off, cut the head off of a long bolt, covered the interior really well with shirts and whatever and welded the new stud on.  It worked, but unfortunately the cable is so stretched that I have to pull the handbrake all the way up for the wheels to lock.  It still works, but I'm just wondering for how long.

So I'm going to be looking into a hydraulic handbrake in the next coming months.  I have been wanting to do that anyway, but I was hoping not till next season.  All well.

No comments: