Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lock em' up

Yesterday I started the task of installing my CNC staging brake in the Z.  I took the car over to Rich's house and we tore into it.

Everything went pretty smoothly up until it was time to bleed the system.  It turns out that in my car with ABS and VDC you have to remove the negative battery terminal in order to bleed the system.  Also with both rear brake lines being tied into one single line not to mention the added 20 ft. of brake line and another master cylinder.

After buying a pneumatic vacuum bleeder everything went really smoothly and now at 55mph with less effort than pulling the factory handbrake the wheels lock instantly.

I took pictures of the install and bracket's we made with Rich's camera and hopefully I can get them from him soon, but for now, here is the finished product.





If and when I get the pictures from Rich I'll make another post about the install and what happened with it.  Basically it took a bit over 13 hours to do.  Granted we did eat twice, goof off, chat, etc. during the time period and probably 3 hours was just trying to figure out bleeding the brakes.  Like I said, after we found that the negative terminal needed to be removed and using the pneumatic bleeder, it went quick as hell.

No comments: