Sunday, April 12, 2009

TIRES!!!

My friend Danny and I went out last night to get some tires.

Luckly we found 4 tires for the Z.

2- 235/50/17 Michelin's

2- 215/50/17 Eagle's



Both pairs have real good tread on them and no patches or major imperfections.  Slight inner camber wear on the Eagle's.  I was upset because we found a single 215/45/17 Falken but couldn't find it's significant other.  It was too bad.

I also bought a set of 18x9 and 18x10 Saleen replica wheels.  I got some Federal 595's 235/40/18 to mount on them from ebay for $350 shipped.  I'm pretty happy about it.

So Wedensday I'm going to Kevin's (blog here) school and he's going to be mounting my 4 18" tires on the Saleen's, my 4 newly found tires on some stock 17" Z wheels, and he's got a pair of 225/45/17's for another pair of stock 17" Z wheels that he's going to let me rip up at MWC DD25 at Gateway International Raceway on April 17th and 18th.  Then I also have a pair of 17" Z wheels that already have good tires on them so in total I will have 8 17" wheels to drift on and 4 18" wheels to drive around on.

I did order 6 225/45/17's from Jon at Fanboy motorsports but they haven't showed up so I have no idea whats going on with them.

But for everything thats been going on it's looking like it's going to be raining on the 17th and 18th so all these tires may be unnecessary, but at least I'll have them ready for DD26.


And a small update about the 240.

I'm trading Kevin my Tein HE coilovers for a Yamaha electronic drum kit.  The car looks so horrible sitting up high like it is, but whatever.  Hopefully I can get it road ready again and get rid of it.

1 comment: