Monday, August 30, 2010

MDU Round 4: Gateway International




Run down of the day.

Showed up at the track around 7. Got teched and straight to drivers meeting.

During the meeting Edgar asked who wanted to test the course. Nobody responded so I said I would.

Did a run that was eh... but realized that the track was way faster than I remembered from last year.

First run group. Kinda sucked mostly, but using 3rd gear managed to link the whole track a couple times. That straight section is tough. Kept getting too much angle in the first corner killing my speed to make the straight.

Second run group. Did 2 runs with some bigger grippier tires and they weren't working for me. Basically thats about it.

Third run group was for tandem. I started using 4th gear and realized the Z LOVED it! The starter had me leading cause I was faster than everyone else out there which kinda sucked for me. But after 4 or 5 runs he held up Bill Cook and what happened then was insane!

He leads first. We get to the first corner with me about a car behind. Initiate, transistion to the 2nd corner and he got a bit too much angle which caused me to get all on his ass. I threw out more angle to match, but that slowed me too much for the straight. I maned up and transistioned really wide dropping 3 tires in the grass.


I wasn't going to let that stop me. I got out of the grass with him still in my sights. Hit the sweeper and started gaining.



I ended up finishing the last corner with my rear bumper nearly touching his door. It was amazing. Fastest most retarted tandem I've ever had. Too bad it wasn't comp.

So qualifying started. My first initiation I knew the run was garbage. I went into my second run thinking, "I already got a good run down. Now go big"... I kept thinking that till I took off even though it was a complete lie. I definatly had a 0 for my first run.

So second run I just go for it. 4th gear and didn't lift till the sweeper. Apparently the judges and spectators went crazy. I don't have any idea what T2 Mike did to beat my qualifying run, but I ended up with 2nd place.

So tandem starts. My first round is with Kris Hackenson (streethookertrash.blogspot.com). His lead and he pulls off the start and keeps his lead through the run. Nothing to report except my desire to do the same to him.

My lead and he's right on my ass in the first initiation. After that, I just pulled on him. Didn't lift at all. Got to the sweeper and I looked back to see where he was, looked forward and realized decreasing radius had just started and I was running way outside since I hadn't lifted. Hit the grass and went way off into a tire barrier ending my day. The car is beat up, but otherwise perfectly fine.

So I end the season. 3 out of 4 events with 36 points. I finish MDU 2010 with 4th place and I've got my invite to goto Formula D Pro-am 2010!

Next up... FD Pro-am!

No comments: