Monday, July 5, 2010

MDU Round 3- Speedrome Bro!

I'm too tired. 2 day's of drifting in the hot sun takes a toll on the body for sure.

The Z felt great on the track. I started having an issue with vapor lock and my 7th injector maybe stying open. When I shut the car off, it wouldn't restart because it had too much fuel. Luckly, I got it started and kept it running after qualification for the tandem rounds.

I qualified 2nd just behind Chicago's own Crazy Kris H.

My first tandem round I lead. I feel like I was doing well, but going into the final 2 corners I had a bit too much speed and had to scrub to keep from spinning, then powered up to finish the run.

Following, I was doing well. I was staying near the lead car when he put out some crazy angle. It phased me and I thought he was going to spin so I put mine out as far as I could to scrub speed but just went a hair too far and dead spun giving him the win.

Qualified 2nd
Finished 7th

Gateway will be round 4 and I can not wait. Last year Gateway was my first event and the Z was stock. It got me 8th place qualifier but I didn't have enough power, no handbrake, and honestly not enough experience to do any better. I hope this is no the case this time around. Z should do very well here.

No comments: